Call for proposals
October 27-28 2021 Online/Onsite in Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 2, Taiwan
0. About HITCON Pacific 2021
Hacks in Taiwan Conference (HITCON), a technology-orientated cybersecurity conference annually held in Taiwan, is dedicated to bringing the latest and the most in-depth technologies and practices to the security community.
Over the years, we have invited worldwide speakers and congregations to participate in these grand events. Also, we provide this avenue for the community to exchange technical research, bleeding-edge hacking technology, and a relatively wide range of corporate security issues.
While HITCON 2021 introduces the most comprehensive and advanced hacking research, HITCON Pacific aims to deliver actionable practices for all industries. Let's make the world safer and more secure.
1. HITCON 2021 theme
This year, we are thrilled to announce that HITCON Pacific has revived after a two-year suspension. Compared to the leading technologies supported by HITCON 2021, the specific implementation plans delivered by HICON Pacific strengthen cyber resilience and withhold the limit of techniques, policies, and best practices at the same time.
2020 is undeniably the most raging year of the COVID-19 pandemic, but thankfully industries have gradually recovered from the post-pandemic era as we have been as well. However, the technical harm brought up by the ransomware, supply chain attacks, and privacy breaches have pretty much damaged the critical infrastructure and enterprises in the past year. Moving to the recovery phase is a necessary process to defend against endless cyber-attacks.
We would also like to emphasize the crucial role of "Recovery" in establishing cyber resilience. By increasing the resilience measures and maintaining good cyber hygiene against more sophisticated cyber attacks. HITCON Pacific seeks to have expertly leading security researchers to share and exploit for this year's seminar.
2. The Call for Papers
HITCON Pacific's themes on CSIRT and PSIRT fields are particularly highlighted with three focuses, "Resilience, Recovery, and Practice." We welcome cybersecurity professionals to submit and contribute actively with research ideas from various industries across the globe.
Since sessions and briefings will be streamed to domestic and international congregations, all speeches this year must be TLP:White.
- Each submission must be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 40 minutes with speech and QA
- Proposals should be as specific as possible for the final conducting review
- Proposals with a concrete action plan will be given priority
- HITCON will reject incomplete submissions, such as slides or supporting documents with a vague description
- 'First-come-first-reviewed' approach; Submitters will be contacted directly if the Review Board member considers the submission is qualified
- Chance of ending the Call for Papers early if the quality of submissions is extraordinary
Scope and Topics
- Enterprise Security: Cyber Security Framework, Cyber Defense Verifications, Breach Attack Simulation, Patch Management, Cloud Security, Infrastructure Governance
- Cyber Resilience: Zero Trust Architecture, Data Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- CSIRT: Incident Response, Threat Hunting, Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI), Security Operation Center (SOC)
- PSIRT: Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure, Software Bill of Materials (SBOM), Bug Bounty Program, Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC)
- Data Protection: Encryption, Key Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Talent Education: CTF, User Awareness Training, Cyber Range
- Security in the New Normal: Security issues related to pandemic
- Malware: Malware Analysis, Malware Development, ransomware, APT/Cybercrime, Ransomware, Reverse Engineering
3. Delivery Preference
- Please create an account and submit the proposal through CFP Website (https://cfp2021.hitcon.org/zh/accounts/login/) before the deadline
- Domestic (Taiwan) speakers should come onsite and present the research
- International speakers should pre-record the presentations and make sure the network is stable for QAs online
- All correspondence and queries should be sent to [email protected] with the headline "HITCON Pacific 2021"
4. Important Dates
Call for Papers Opened: August 5, 2021
Call for Papers Closed: September 9, 2021 (Any Time Zone)
Notification to Submitters: September 25, 2021
Event Dates: October 27 - October 28, 2021
5. Speaker Benefits
For Domestic (Taiwan) Speakers
- An honorarium of $800 USD, exquisite souvenirs, and admission to our VIP Party
- Lunch and desserts will be served during the conference
For International Speakers
- Due to the absence of the on-site conference, an honorarium of $1,000 USD and exquisite souvenirs will be provided
- Both transportation and accommodation expenses are not accepted for reimbursement as they may not attend on-site and VIP activities due to the epidemic situation